The train accident attorneys at Haddad Law have years of experience representing individuals who have been injured on trains operated by New Jersey Transit. We understand that in the aftermath of a catastrophic train accident, you may have questions about your legal rights and options. Our experienced personal injury attorneys can walk you through the legal process and help you decide if you should file a lawsuit seeking compensation for the injuries you suffered as a result of the negligent or reckless conduct of New Jersey Transit. Through a train accident lawsuit, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages you incurred as a result of the accident.
In New Jersey, there is a strict time limit in which a personal injury lawsuit may be filed against New Jersey Transit, so it is important that you contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible. Call us today at 201-798-3200 or complete our contact form to schedule a free consultation. Our attorneys can meet with you to determine if you have a case and help you protect your legal rights.
Compensation Available in a Train Accident Lawsuit
If you or a loved one have been injured by an accident caused by New Jersey Transit, our personal injury attorneys may be able to help you recover compensation for the following types of damages:
- Medical Expenses – By filing a lawsuit against New Jersey Transit, you may be able to receive compensation for all the medical expenses you incurred as a result of the train accident, such as hospital bills, doctors’ bills and rehabilitation expenses. In addition, you may be eligible to receive the compensation for the costs of hiring a home healthcare assistant and any medical expenses you will incur in the future as a result of the accident.
- Lost Wages – If you missed work because of the injuries you suffered in a train accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your lost wages. Moreover, if you are unable to return to work or perform the essential functions of your job because of the injuries you suffered in a New Jersey Transit accident, your attorney will seek compensation for your reduced earning potential. For example, if you were employed as a construction worker, but are no longer able to work in construction because of a serious spinal injury, you may be eligible to recover compensation for the reduced earnings you will experience as a result of the train accident.
- Pain and Suffering – If you suffered serious and catastrophic injuries, you may be eligible to receive compensation for the physical pain and emotional suffering you experienced because of the neglient or reckless conduct of New Jersey Transit.
How a New Jersey Train Accident Attorney Can Help
After the initial consultation with a personal injury lawyer, your attorney will take the following steps to ensure you receive full and complete compensation for your injuries:
- Gather Evidence – Your attorney may interview witnesses, review video surveillance footage, and obtain train maintenance records from New Jersey Transit to prove how your injuries were caused by the operators of the train or by defective equipment.
- Review Medical Records – Following a catastrophic train accident, those injured often endure months or even years of medical treatment. Your personal injury attorney will obtain all records from the medical professionals who treated you. Your attorney will then evaluate these records to determine the full extent of your injuries. Using this information, your lawyer will seek full and fair compensation in light of the injuries you have suffered.
- Work with Experts – Our train accident lawyers work with some of the leading medical and economic experts in New Jersey to prepare reports detailing how your injuries were caused by the negligent or reckless conduct of New Jersey Transit. Economic experts are often used to show the financial consequences your may suffer over your lifetime because of your injuries.
Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one have been hurt in a train accident in New Jersey, get in touch with us today by calling 732-933-3535 or by completing our contact form. Our attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis, which means there is no cost to you for filing a lawsuit unless we are able to recover compensation on your behalf.